Thursday, August 6, 2009

quarter

I'll bite my tongue. As long as she's happy, then I'm happy for her. I'm not going to say that I've never seen my mom cry, or that she's the strongest person I know, because I cannot count the times that she's leaned on me for support. I've been her shoulder to cry on. It's always been me and my mom, but it's always been more of a friendship than a mother-daughter relationship. She's relied on me countless times, and I've depended on her even more. If this man, SOMEHOW, makes her happy, then who am I to ruin that for her? I know she'd keep quiet if I was in love with a junkie. She's always told me, "Hopefully, things will always go well for you. Hopefully, that guy will always make you happy, and if he doesn't, then you'll pick yourself up again, but I'll always be here when your legs aren't quite strong enough." And I think that's how it should be, always. People need to have a little more faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment